Monday, December 7, 2015

Blog post 3

What i noticed ever since i took this class was how I viewed commercials and other forms of media differently compared to before i took the class. Like i seen that a commercial from apple is used for as a product for a higher class than say, the low to middle class area since the higher class people can afford it. As for the opposite like a Subway commercial where most classes can afford it while the lower class can struggle if they are not careful with their cash. Same can be applied to movies and tv shows, were I've seen how they separate between elitists and non-elitist or something simple like competitive individualism.

Its also helped me see through the Marxist lens that in television or movies to look at the writing structure more than i have been in the past and find those little details from the characters, motivations, etc. in order to identify the ideas in a easier manner. Like for example, watching some of my favorite shows back when i was a kid or even favorite shows of today I look at how the characters emote and what their motivations are help me understand them more than i did before. I would also look at how each episode is written to see how the writer would create the world for those characters and how the show would wrap itself up in the end. Even though it can help me analyze shows and movies a lot better than i did before, I don't believe it helps my writing since I feel the need to still write it in a simple manner and not in a complicated and over analytical matter. Even though that still won't detract from the real lesson learned on analyzing things i love in a better light.

No comments:

Post a Comment